- Our County
- Facilities and Parks
- Door County Parks
Door County Parks
We love our parks!
Door County is the only county in Wisconsin with five state parks, plus one state trail. Come visit the beauty of the peninsula’s pristine open spaces with historic landmarks, blue waters and hiking trails.
Door County’s most valuable asset, both from a material and spiritual standpoint, is its natural beauty. A tree is the oldest form of life in our county. To watch over it generation after generation, builds a human chain that can never be broken. From Door County Parks Board 1947 Report.
Explore and Enjoy Door County Parks
- Ahnapee State Trail
- Baileys Harbor Ridges
- Cana Island Lighthouse
- Cave Point
- Chaudoir's Dock
- Door Bluff Headlands
- Ellison Bluff @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Forestville Dam
- Frank E. Murphy
- George K. Pinney
- John Miles
- Lily Bay
- Lyle-Harter-Matter Sanctuary @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Percy Johnson Memorial
- Robert LaSalle
- Robert M. Carmody
- Sugar Creek
- Tornado Memorial @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Rules for all Door County Parks
- Parks are open ½ hour before sunrise to 11:00 PM unless otherwise posted at park..
- Vehicles must park in designated areas only.
- Camping and overnight parking are prohibited.
- Vehicle speed limit is 25 MPH on park roads.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times.
- No lifeguard on duty – Swim at your own risk.
- Glass containers not allowed in parks.
- Use snowmobiles on marked trails only.
- Most wild animals and plants are protected.
- Use of firearms is prohibited except as noted below.
- Gun and/or Bow hunting is permitted in certain parks from November 15th thru April 1st during legal DNR hunting seasons.. A permit is required from the Facilities & Parks Department. See Chapter 12, 12.03 Hunting regulations.
- Hunting applications and Hold Harmless agreement forms available September 6, 2023.
- Permits will be issued October 6, 2023 on first come first served basis.
- No further applications will be accepted after Friday, December 8, 2023.