COVID-19 Financial Resources
Door County Financial Assistance Resources
211 Wisconsin - Get information and referrals for thousands of services across Wisconsin. Anyone can call 2-1-1 at any time, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, to talk with someone. Assistance finding help with housing, utilities, food, employment, addiction recovery options, and more is available in over 180 languages. 2-1-1 is also now offering assistance with online registration for COVID-19 vaccine for local and state providers.
- Call 2-1-1 or 1-877-947-2211
- Text your ZIP code to 898211
- Live chat or search their website:
Well Badger - Talk with a certified information and referral specialist, Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. They will help you find the right resources to meet your needs, identify programs you’re likely to be eligible for, and make a plan, since getting support can take many steps. Interpreter services are available, whenever needed, and follow-up is provided, if wanted.
- Call 1-800-642-7837
- Text 608-360-9328
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Live chat or search their website: https://www.wellbadger.org/
Applying for State Benefits - The State of Wisconsin has programs to help low-income households with:
- Food—through FoodShare (also known as SNAP or food stamps).
- Health care—through BadgerCare Plus and Wisconsin Medicaid.
- Child care expenses—through Wisconsin Shares.
- Income and job readiness—through W-2 (also known as Wisconsin Works).
Anyone can use https://access.wisconsin.gov/ at any time to see if you might be eligible for any of these programs or to apply for assistance. You can also apply by contacting your local agency.
Visit https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/forwardhealth/imagency/index.htm for contact information.
Door County is part of the Baylake Consortium.
The ACCESS website also lets you know if you might be eligible for other types of assistance, but you have to apply for these separately.
- Help with buying prescription drugs
- Home energy assistance
- Earned income, child, and Homestead tax credits
- Low cost life insurance